LG’s 2023 lineup of OLED TVs includes some real innovations, but they’ll cost you money. The company has just announced UK prices, all of which are higher than last year’s comparable models.
The price difference is greatest with the larger models. LG’s 83-inch G3 will retail for £7500, a full £1000 more than the same-sized G2 (the same C3 is again a full price more expensive than the 83-inch C2). The price hike lessens as you get smaller, and it’s less noticeable on the C3, LG’s less premium OLED TV. But without fail, each model is more expensive than last year’s equivalent.
Here’s the prize breakdown.
LG C3 Prices vs C2
- 42 inches: £1500 vs £1400 – price increase: £100
- 48 inches: £1600 vs £1400 – price increase: £200
- 55 inches: £2100 vs £1900 – price increase: £200
- 65 inches: £2900 vs £2700 – price increase: £200
- 77 inches: £4000 vs £3700 – price increase: £300
- 83 inches: £6500 vs £5500 – price increase £1000
And so the flagship G3 compares to last year’s G2.
LG G3 Prices vs G2
- 55 inches: £2600 vs £2400 – price increase: £200
- 65 inches: £3500 vs £3300 – price increase: £200
- 77 inches: £5000 vs £4500 – price increase: £500
- 83 inches: £7500 vs £6500 – price increase: £1000
Now the good news. Every 2023 LG model is at least £99 cheaper than Samsung’s rival model this year. For example, the 55-inch Samsung S95C costs £2699, compared to £2600 for the same size G3. The price difference is the same for the S95C in 65in (£3599) and 77in (£5099).
LG has also discounted the price of last year’s OLED TVs by 10 percent, even though they’re already marked down. The promotion started earlier this week and will last until March 28. So if you can’t afford the 2023 premium — or aren’t willing to pay — a 2022 model may be the better buy.
We’ll have full reviews of the new TVs from both LG and Samsung coming soon, so stay tuned.
Read us early LG G3 and C3 OLED TV practical assessments
As well as ours Samsung S95C QD OLED hands on review
LG 2023 OLED TV range: everything you need to know
LG G3 OLED vs Samsung S95C QD OLED: what will be the best TV of 2023?
Check out our list of the best TVs: brilliant budget to premium 4K Ultra HD